Have a view at which games were bought lately by the Club during the Essen Fair.
Essen 2016 is now over and a lot of new games were presented. A strange Essen for our buyers as the best game of the fair (Orctoberfest) was not for sell….
The club has sent his emissaries to the fair and here is the loot they’ve brought back:
– 4 Gods : A real-time tile-laying game in which players create a world (one tile at a time) before laying claim to one of the four gods of their world and attempting to win followers by sending prophets into that world.
– Arma : A hardcore card effect management game. Each player gets a deck of ten cards 1–10, and will need to choose 4 of which to use the special effect, and use these skills and the remaining numbers to gain the relics. Some skills are available to all races, some are unique. It’s your choice how to use them.
– Codex : A customizable, non-collectable card game set in the Fantasy Strike universe that’s inspired by real-time strategy video games such as Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Players each control three different heroes and have access to a tech tree that allows them to use different strategies each time they play. we have the starter set Finesse Vs Bashing and the expansion Flagstone Dominion Vs Blackhand Scourge.
– Grand Bazaar : A trading game for the family in which players are merchants who want to increase their initial starting capital by buying and selling three types of gems: sapphires, rubies and emeralds.
– Great Western Trail : America in the 19th century: You are a rancher and repeatedly herd your cattle from Texas to Kansas City, where you send them off by train. This earns you money and victory points. Needless to say, each time you arrive in Kansas City, you want to have your most valuable cattle in tow.
– Inis : A game deeply rooted in Celtic history and lore in which players win by being elected King of the Island.
– Insider : While communicating to others, you have to find the right answers to a quiz or find the “insider” who is manipulating the discussion. The insider will do everything to hide their identity while misleading the others.
– London Dread : A co-operative game set in Victorian England. Players take on the role of investigators trying to uncover plots on the way to confronting a story specific finale.
– Mombasa : Players acquire shares of chartered companies based in Mombasa, Cape Town, Saint-Louis, and Cairo and propagate trading posts of these companies throughout the African continent in order to earn the most money.
– Nations : Dynasties : The first big expansion for Nations, includes twelve new Nations with Dynasties as well as Dynasties for the base game B-sides.
– Ocracoke : If you are the navy, you fight for the glory of the country, trying to collect enough treasure that you can place Blackbeard in jail. Otherwise, you collect as many gold coins as you can, then run away from the turmoil. In game terms, you want to collect five coins before anyone else.
– Of Dreams & Shadows : A cooperative board game for up to six players who take on the role of Champions trying to save their realm. Set in a dark fantasy world, the players will journey from the underworld ruins of a long-dead people to the heart of untamed forests where otherworldly creatures dwell.
– Overseers : A drafting and bluffing game with a twist. Each player represents an Overseer whose objective is to bend traits in their favor to create the most dominant combination of virtues and vices.
– Quartermaster General : A fast-paced game that puts you in command of the major powers of the Second World War. In the game, supply is crucial to keep your armies and navies fighting; destroy your enemies’ supply lines and their forces will surrender! We also have the expansions Air Marshal and Alternate Histories.
– Railroad Revolution : You will manage your own railroad company, ruthlessly competing to be the most powerful railroad tycoon across all America. You will build railroads, establish stations in your connected cities, expand the network of telegraph lines, and chase your objectives, increasing the value of your company with every action you take.
– Rhodes : A (light) expert game with high interaction, several tactical & strategic options, and a unique dynamic market system triggered by ships sailing into the harbor, which automatically adjusts the prices for the goods offered at the harbor. The players collectively have control in this.
– Sea of Clouds : As captain of a flying pirate ship, recruit a cutthroat crew, collect relics and unearth the best rum by gathering shares of Loot. Then send your pirates aboard enemy ships to plunder their treasure!
– Sweet Nose : A game of exciting interaction. You try to eat the most types of candy by trading with others, but the sweetness of each candy differs for each player, so to keep yourself from being the one who eats too many sweets, you need to be careful when trading and observe the reaction of other players.
– Terraforming Mars : The players acquire unique project cards (from over two hundred different ones) by buying them to their hand. The projects (cards) can represent anything from introducing plant life or animals, hurling asteroids at the surface, building cities, to mining the moons of Jupiter and establishing greenhouse gas industries to heat up the atmosphere. The cards can give you immediate bonuses, as well as increasing your production of different resources. Many cards also have requirements and they become playable when the temperature, oxygen, or ocean coverage increases enough.
– The Colonists : Each player is a mayor of a village and must develop their environment to gain room for new farmers, craftsmen, and citizens. The main goal of the game is full employment, so players must create new jobs, educate the people, and build new houses to increase their population. But resources are limited, and their storage leads to problems that players must deal with, while also not forgetting to upgrade their buildings.
– The Perfumer : A board game played by your nose, a game of real fragrance thanks to a new board game concept that integrates the “sense of smell” into the game rules. With a special printing technology, real fragrances are “printed” onto cards. Get ready for a brand new gaming experience!
And for our kid section :
– Ice Cool : A flicking game in which each round one of the players takes the role of the Hall Monitor (also called “the Catcher”), his aim will be to catch each other penguin and get points for that. The others (also known as “Runners”) will try to run through several doors, thus gaining fish (that give them points) on their way.
All the games are or will be soon available in our cupboards.
Presentations of the games will be organized during the coming months on request so feel free to ask José, Ciro, Jean, David or Renaud if interested.