Have a view of the games bought by the Club for the summer 2016
Our buyers decided to go for the following games :
– Nippon : an Area Majority Game in which players control Zaibatsu and try to develop their web of power by investing in new industries, improving their technological knowledge, shipping goods to foreign countries or using them to satisfy local needs, and growing their influence and power as they oversee the era of rapid industrialization of Japan.
– Isle of Skye : A tile-laying game in which players are chieftains of famous clans and want to build their kingdoms to score as many points as possible.
– Abyss : A game of development, combination and collection in which players try to take control of strategic locations in an underwater city. To achieve this, players must develop on three levels: first by collecting allies, then using them to recruit Lords of the Abyss, who will then grant access to different parts of the city. Players acquire cards through a draft of sorts, and the Lords of the Abyss acquired on those cards grant special powers to the cardholder — but once you use the cards to acquire a location, that power is shut off, so players need to time their land grabs well in order to put themselves in the best position for when the game ends.
– Starfighter : A two-player-only game of space combat in which each player tries to assemble card combinations that deliver effective attacks on the opponent.
– Mysterium : One player takes the role of ghost while everyone else represents a medium. To solve the crime, the ghost must first recall (with the aid of the mediums) all of the suspects present on the night of the murder. A number of suspect, location and murder weapon cards are placed on the table, and the ghost randomly assigns one of each of these in secret to a medium.
– Roll for the Galaxy : Ambition : The first expansion to Roll for the Galaxy. It adds new factions, home worlds, and game tiles, two new dice types, and optional objectives to the base game. Newer players should play without objectives for their first few games.
– Eldritch Horror : Signs of Carcosa : Hastur enters the game as a new Ancient One, spreading insanity and dissension. Against this foul abomination from Aldebaran, four new investigators join the fight to save the world. A host of new Encounter cards for every continent ensure that fresh adventures are always around the corner, even as a wealth of new conditions, spells, assets, artifacts, and Mythos cards draw you deeper into a world of madness and fear.
For our Kid Section :
– Gobb’it (Angry Birds Version) : A fast-playing reaction game in which the last player to have cards in front of him wins. The cards depict three animals in three colors, and the animals eat one another based on their color and a precise food chain: the chameleon eats mosquito, the snake eats the chameleon. As a special card, the gorilla kills all three other types of animals, sending them to the graveyard. If mosquitoes of all three colors are in play, then everyone must race to the graveyard of risk losing all of their cards. Chameleons come into play with the variant rules, with each chameleon having a special power that comes into play when on top of the graveyard.
– Maze Racers : Use the enclosed magnetic walls and a good dose of creativity to build the most wicked maze possible that will leave your opponent scrambling to find his way out. The game is also a race against time as your opponent is building his own devilish contraption. When the time is up, both sides switch their maze boards and steer a ball through the opponent’s maze as quickly as they can. Be the fastest in two out of three rounds to claim victory!
– Maudite Momie : A subtle bluffing game in which you have to know when to take risks. On your turn, take one of these three actions: Draw a card and keep it in front of you, Score all of your cards. You score 1 point for each treasure on it. Double your score for a type of treasure if it is present on two or more cards, Look at an opponent’s cards. If you find guardians, that player loses all unscored cards and you get the bonus from the guardians!
– The End of the World RPG : Alien Invasion : Earth has come under attack from extraterrestrial lifeforms! Mars may attack our civilization with a devastating invasion, or the aliens that live far beneath our oceans may enact a plan to flood the entire world. You may discover that your neighbors have been secretly replaced by alien copies, or that Earth is ruled by an Illuminati society of reptilian aliens. You may even do battle with massive alien ants that seek to transform the world into a colony.
Would you need more information about those games or the other games of our collection, do not hesitate to contact us.