Have a view at which games were bought lately by the Club during the Essen Fair.
Essen 2017 is now over and a lot of new games were presented.
The club has sent his emissaries to the fair and here is the loot they’ve brought back:
– 21 Days : In this dice-driven survival board game, you relive the events of 21 days recorded in this recovered logbook. The purpose of the game is to have (at least) one of the survivors rescued by the rescue ship on the 21st day.
– Arena : For the Gods : A dice fighting game in two phases. First, players use their life points to bid for the best equipment, mounts, and weapons. Second, they fight! When one player dies, the game ends, and whoever has the most life points left wins.
– Calimala: Players are cloth merchants in medieval Florence, with a number of trusted employees that they assign to various streets within the city to carry out actions. While taking these actions, players produce and deliver cloth and contribute to the construction and decoration of various buildings across the city.
– Chimera Station : A new twist to the worker placement genre: customizable workers. Each worker can be modified in-game by splicing claws, tentacles, leafs or additional brains (or any combination of those) on them. These workers are used to gather resources: points, food, credits, and living parts of aforementioned workers!
– Cthulhu Crusades : A fast-paced card game, as much about chance as strategy, set in the dark Middle Ages under the sway of the Necronomicon. Storm the castle walls, make sacrificial offerings, invoke and call up creatures in this highly snappy card game.
– Empires : You represent a colonial European nation that is competing to gain the most support. Support is won by supplying your people with goods; goods are produced when your people work in your territories. You can gain people, territories, goods, and supporters by winning wars. To win wars, you must pay gold to raise armies, and gold can be earned by winning wars and by selling goods.
– Fear : A fast-paced and straightforward hand management game of tension-filled ghost chasing.
– Lagerstätten : A worker placement game, themed on excavating fossils, collecting sets of fossil types, and managing your resources (money, fame).
– Laurel Crown : A light press-your-luck gambling game with a draft mechanism. At the start of each round, tournament cards are drawn that determine the conditions for the current fights. After a light draft, the players send in their fighters to the various tournaments, then roll dice to determine the power of each fighter and activate special powers, gaining points along the way.
– Madeira : A worker placement game. Three times during the game, the players gain prestige for fulfilling certain requests by the Crown. At two other times, the Crown requests that the islands change the focus of their agriculture due to the changes in the world.
– Magic Maze : A real-time, cooperative game. Each player can control any hero in order to make that hero perform a very specific action, to which the other players do not have access: Move north, explore a new area, ride an escalator… We also bought the expansion : Maximum Security.
– Meeple Circus : A dexterity game in which you do what all gamers do when setting up a game: Pile up your meeples!
– Noria : At the center of the game is an innovative mechanism called “wheel building”. Each player has an action wheel consisting of three rings, with slots for a number of different action discs. Over the course of the game, players try to obtain new discs and manipulate the rings of the wheel to optimize their action selection.
– Not Alone Exploration : The first expansion for NOT ALONE. It includes new Hunt cards for the Creature, new Survival cards for the Hunted, and new Location cards for the planet. These 10 new Locations can be played together, or they can be mixed with Locations from the base game, giving an almost infinite combination of places to explore.
– Otys : Each player has a team of divers and must use them to take actions, retrieve items, and complete objectives. The divers are stacked in a column on the player’s individual game board, and some of them are next to depth gauges that read 1-5.
– Paper Tales : A simultaneous drafting card game. Each turn, players draft five units that they then recruit into their kingdom.
– Rone : A strategic post-apocalyptic card game. Players are immersed in a dark world full of destruction and suffering, a world where people are fighting to take back their place after a global nuclear war annihilated all achievements of the human race and all that was left was only a handful of usable resources. We also have the expansion Awakening.
– Samhain : You will need to manage your clan the best you can, placing your clan members on the village locations each turn and performing the most suitable actions for your strategy. You must obtain resources and manage them properly in order to expand your clan and mess with your opponents!
– Space Freaks : You are team manager of one of the fighting teams sponsored by powerful megacorporations. Your task is to combine different body parts to design the perfect freak, then lead your team of freaks to victory.
– The Arrival : Each player represents a tribe leader who tries to gain predominance over the mythical island of Érin while pushing back the demon-like Fomori. But the players are facing a dilemma, for spreading too quickly means becoming more and more corrupt and strengthening the Fomori in their power…
– Tribes : Players start with a small tribe and the very basics of civilization. During the game, they invent new technologies, explore new land, fend off invaders, and survive catastrophes. The tribe that first emerges as a true civilization wins!
– Tyrants of the Underdark : A territory control game with a deck-building element.
– 1920 Wall Street : Each player tries to collect shares from four different companies (corn, cotton, steel and oil), sell them if they need money, and influence the value of the different companies in the stock market. They earn points for making the market fluctuate and for the shares they collect — if they reach the minimum quantity of each kind!
– Wendake : You are placed in the shoes of a chief of a Native American tribe. You have to manage all of the most important aspects of their lives, earning points on the economic, military, ritual, and mask tracks. The core of the game is the action selection mechanism
All the games are or will be soon available in our cupboards.
Presentations of the games will be organized during the coming months on request so feel free to ask José, Ciro, Jean, David or Renaud if interested.