Have a view at which games were bought by the Club during the Essen Fair.
Essen 2018 is now over and a lot of new games were presented.
The club has sent his emissaries to the fair and here is the loot they’ve brought back:
– 8Bit Box : A board game that will remind you the golden age of video games as each player has a gamepad to program their actions, using three wheels: direction, symbol, and value. The base game contains three different games influenced by classic old-school video games.
– Alone : A sci-fi survival horror / dungeon crawler game that will pit a single, stranded hero against 1-3 evil masterminds who will do their best to stop the hero from completing a quest to discover the truth and save his companions.
– Clans of Caledonia : A mid-to-heavy economic game set in 19th-century Scotland. Players represent historic clans with unique abilities and compete to produce, trade and export agricultural goods and of course whisky!
– Chronicles of Crime : A cooperative game of crime investigation, mixing VR experience and board gaming. Using the Scan&Play technology, each component (locations, characters, items, etc.) has a unique QR code, which, depending on the scenario selected, will activate and trigger different clues and stories.
– City of Gears : A unique steampunk game of exploration, area control, worker placement, and engine building. From your incredible Factory, you must race to claim ownership over the magnificent ruins of an abandoned clockwork metropolis.
– Clickbait : Each round, you flip over a product card, roll the five letter dice, then use these letters to write an advert for some of the strangest products that the internet has to offer. When you’re satisfied, hand over your phrase to the judge. Once they’ve picked their favorite, a new product gets revealed, and the dice are rolled again. The first player to write three pieces of award-winning clickbait wins!
– Detective : A Modern Crime Boardgame : You are going to solve five different cases and find out what connects them, you are going to break the 4th wall by using every resource you can, you are going to browse the game’s dedicated database simulating your agency’s resources, you will enter a city maze of old mysteries and fresh crime, and you will be able to cooperate with other agents or solve the mystery on your own.
– Don’t Get Got : A party game in which each player receives six secret missions. The first player to complete three of these missions wins. You don’t sit at a table to complete missions, though. This game is designed to run in the background of whatever else you have going on, which means you can play it anywhere, at home, on holiday, in the office, or yes, at a party.
– Fog of Love : A game for two players. You will create and play two vivid characters who meet, fall in love and face the challenge of making an unusual relationship work.
– Mars Open : Tabletop Golf : A dexterity golf game. On your turn, flick your golf ball card over obstacles and toward the crater hole box. Your goal is to land your ball in the box in as few strokes as possible.
– Men at Work : A stacking and balancing game in which players compete as workers on a job site who are carefully constructing a tower to avoid accidents and, maybe, earn Employee of the Month.
– Ratland : Each player controls a rat clan and tries to turn them into the most crowded one. To achieve such a task, you have to outwit your opponents to get the most food possible, even if you have to snatch it from your neighbors! But beware, they will try to do the same to you…
– Rise of the Necromancers : An evil strategy game, in which each player controls a Necromancer struggling for absolute dominance. Based on a classic fantasy narrative with character development as well as territorial strategy, the objective of the game is to develop your Necromancer and take control of the lands.
– The Faceless : Ethan is missing. All that is left is a small piece of paper and an old compass that vibrates with strange energy. By reading his diary, Ethan’s best friends start uncovering the creepy mystery: a fearsome creature that has kidnapped children for centuries to feed off their memories who has now taken its next victim. A full cooperative experience with a never-seen-before mechanism: You indirectly move a compass by moving and rotating the double-sided miniatures on the game board.
– Trellis : Players have a hand of hex tiles depicting a tangled weave of differently colored vines. On their turn, they play a tile on the table, growing the garden and allowing any flowers (even opponents!) on the board to bloom onto connected vines of the same color. Players then claim a vine and grow the same way, placing flowers on each empty connected vine of the same color. The first player to play all fifteen of their flowers wins.
– Western Legends : An open-world sandbox tabletop adventure set in the American Wild West. Players assume the roles of historical figures of the era, earning their legendary status in a variety of ways: gamble, drive cattle, prospect for gold, rob the bank, fight bandits, pursue stories, become an outlaw, keep the peace. We also got the expansion Fistful of Extras and The Good, the Bad and the Handsome.
And for our kid section :
– Yummy Monsters : You are monster waiters in the restaurant who try to serve food to your guests’ liking and this gets weird at times because the customers are monsters! In this dexterity flinging game, players try to throw foods into the mouths of four 3D monster heads. The game box acts as the tables where the monsters are sitting, and the customers have different quirks on how they like their food to be delivered, so you need to master multiple throwing techniques.
– Paleolithic : Players act as elders from local tribes, trying to form a unique civilization through migration, resource gathering, and tribal establishment. Bring along your tribal fellows and animal companions, and claim your land from the primal island of Formosa to become the great elder! We also got the expansion Dawn of Humanity and Seafarers.
– Isidore: school of magic : Students attending the Isidore School of Magic are trained to become Wizards and Witches… and you’re one of them! But, before qualifying top of your class, you have to prepare your ultimate magic spell. You need three rare treasures from the Kingdom of Calandria: a tear from the Water Nymph, a tooth from the Fire Dragon and an emerald from the Rock Giant. But these mythical creatures won’t give up their treasure without a fight! As a student of magic, you will need to show what you’ve learned at Isidore. You will need to trade ingredients, compose spells to control the elements of Rock, Water and Fire, and ultimately win the duels!
– My little Scythe : In an effort to be the first to earn 4 trophies from 8 possible categories, players take turns choosing to Move, Seek, or Make. These actions will allow players to increase their friendship and pies, power up their actions, complete quests, learn magic spells, deliver gems and apples to Castle Everfree, and perhaps even engage in a pie fight. Some of My Little Scythe’s mechanisms are inspired by the bestselling game, Scythe. It caught the eye of Stonemaier Games as a fan-created print-and-play game in 2017 (it went on to win the BoardGameGeek 2017 award for best print-and-play game).
All the games are or will be soon available in our cupboards.