Have a view at more games which were bought by the Club during the Essen Fair.
Essen 2018 is now over and a lot of new games were presented.
The club has sent his emissaries to the fair and here is the loot they’ve brought back:
– Auztralia : An adventure/exploration game set in an alternate reality 1930s. The theme is inspired by Martin Wallace’s A Study in Emerald. Following the Restorationist war, the northern hemisphere lands lay poisoned and starvation was the norm. Intrepid adventurers set out to explore and settle new lands. Little did they know, after the war, the surviving Old Ones and their remaining loyal human armies made their way to the outback of Australia to lick their wounds.
– Architects of the West Kingdom : Set at the end of the Carolingian Empire, circa 850 AD. As royal architects, players compete to impress their King and maintain their noble status by constructing various landmarks throughout his newly appointed domain. Players need to collect raw materials, hire apprentices, and keep a watchful eye on their workforce. These are treacherous times, and rival architects will stop at nothing to slow your progress. Will you remain virtuous, or be found in the company of thieves and black marketeers?
– Ceylon : Players take on the role of the pioneers who developed the Ceylon tea industry. As such, they build plantations in different districts and at different altitudes. They produce tea and try to sell it to the most important export companies. To favor this task, they must win the favor of the counselors of each district and develop the necessary technology that allows them to get ahead of their competitors.
– Dice Settlers : A civilization dice game of pool building, resource gathering and area control. Each turn players reach into their bags of dice, roll and choose their own actions: from exploring new lands and building the board, through gathering resources and trading, to developing technologies which offer new abilities, each player chooses their own path to victory.
– Discovery : The Era of Voyage : Players take on the role of ambitious captains leading their fleet towards glory at sea. Through trading goods and commodity, investment and development, you accumulate reputation and influence among the islands. Build a foundation for your family’s wealth and prosperity!
– Dragoon : An action strategy game with an ever-changing landscape. Village and city tiles populate the map each round using a coordinate system. During your turn, choose between claiming villages and cities that pay you tribute, or destroying them out right for instant gold. Challenge other players in dragon-to-dragon combat before they lay waste to your empire or enter your cave to steal your riches. You’re never out of the game until the last gold coin is snatched up!
– Fertility : A simple resource management game that raises tough decisions for you to take. Each turn, you collect some of the riches of the Valley of the Nile and immediately decide how to use them : supply one of your Shop to earn money, or spend them to build new districts, offering you new opportunities.
– Gugong : Players take on the role of powerful Chinese families trying to gain influence and power by exchanging gifts with Officials. You will travel around China, sail down the Grand Canal, purchase precious jade, help construct the Great Wall, secure advantages through decrees, influence the game through intrigue, and ultimately, receive an audience with the emperor.
– Gunkimono : Players take on the roles of these daimyo, plotting their military advances across the countryside. Each new squad of troops yields victory points, but you may decide to forgo these points and save up for your stronghold instead. All the while, you need to keep an eye on your opponents so that their forces do not grow too large and expand at your expense.
– Heroes of Terrinoth : A cooperative card game of questing and adventure that invites you and up to three allies to take on the role of unique heroes, choosing from twelve distinct and powerful heroes, split between four archetypes (healer, warrior, mage, and scout). Over the course of eight thrilling quests, you will face villainous foes, battle deadly creatures, and save the realm!
– Huns : Each turn you must choose between raiding for resources or picking a card that will grant you a special ability. In more detail, the game includes five decks of cards in five colors that feature equipment, raids, mercenaries, curses, and treasure, as well as goods cubes in the same five colors. Each player starts the game with two wagons that require specific colored goods to fill them.
– Peak Oil : You are the top manager at one of the big oil companies, tasked with leading your enterprise into a future without oil. With peak oil looming ahead, you try to squeeze the last drops from oil fields around the world to gather the resources to invest into various oil replacement technologies. While you may try to emerge from the coming crisis by regular means, your competitors will most probably not, forcing you to dirty your hands as well. We also got the expansion Spillover .
– Reykholt : Growing tomatoes, lettuce, or carrots on Iceland? What an absurd idea! But still, whoever had that idea was a genius! Geothermal energy on the island allows you to cultivate the most unexpected fruits and vegetables, an oddity that no tourist would want to miss. You are not the only farmer who is looking to make a fortune out of this, however, so you better be quick! The tourist season is short, and there are more people coming every year.
– Rice Dice : Like Spirits of the Rice Paddy, Rice Dice rewards a player’s ability to optimize the process of flooding, planting, weeding, and harvesting, but it plays in just a fraction of the time!
– The River : You and the other mayoral players each struggle to create the best pioneer settlement by developing land along a river bed in your town, collecting resources from the area, and constructing buildings. As you explore and build up the untouched frontier, your workers will settle down along the way, meaning that your other workers will shoulder more of the burden to do what you want to do, which includes making nicely organized landscapes to please the aestheticians in town.
– Seeders from Sereis : Exodus : A game set in a trans-media science-fiction universe that’s been created over five years by Serge Macasdar and Charbel Fourel and which contains post-humans, space opera, extensive journeys on space arks, lost empires, exo-biology, genetic evolution, android developments, and more.
– Small Islands : A tile-placement game in which you are daring explorers discovering a magnificent archipelago. Its islands are brimming with natural resources but also temples from an ancient and mysterious civilization. Brave adventurers, bring back to your clan wealth & prestige!
– Tales of the Northlands : The Sagas of Noggin the Nog : Players are the noble Lords of the north, looking to assist Noggin however they can in his adventures with resources and wise council.
– The Estates : The City Council recently approved the zoning map for a new urban development featuring high-end infrastructure and a modern atmosphere for its citizens. Soon after, the banks awarded millions of dollars in loans to six real estate investment firms to help develop this new area. The zoning map for The Estates calls for two rows of four buildings each, located between the River and Main Street. The meadows on the other side of the River are to remain a recreational area for the City.
– Underwater Cities : Players represent the most powerful brains in the world, brains nominated due to the overpopulation of Earth to establish the best and most livable underwater areas possible.
And for our kid section :
– Magic Fold : A new and fantastic combination of racing and folding system. Pick and choose between four magical formula cards and fold the magic carpet quickly before the other players. Players take tokens in the order they finish. Using a combination of the tokens and magical formula cards, you can fly through the desert or interfere with others from reaching the goal first. The player who reaches the palace first wins!
All the games are or will be soon available in our cupboards.