Have a view at which games were bought by the Club during the Essen Fair.
Essen 2019 is now over and a lot of new games were presented.
The club has sent his best emissary to the fair. After three weeks of cross-fit training and five e-learning modules he came back exhausted but with those wonderful games :
– 6 Castles : Players are representatives of the king seeking to promote agriculture, free trade, religious faith and wealth for the nobles of the kingdom.
– Alubari : A nice Cup of Tea : Players compete to cultivate and harvest their own Tea Estates and assist in the building of the Darjeeling and Himalayan Railway, from Siliguri Town to ‘the summit’ at Ghum.
– Century : Spice Road : The first in a series of games that explores the history of each century with spice-trading as the theme for the first installment. Players are caravan leaders who travel the famed silk road to deliver spices to the far reaches of the continent for fame and glory.
– Chicago 1875 : City of the Big Shoulders : Take on the roles of entrepreneurs and investors seeking to rebuild Chicago into a city fit for the world stage. In this unique merger of 18xx-style stock manipulation mechanics with euro-style gameplay, players start companies, trade in shares, hire employees, equip their factories, produce goods and sell them to be delivered to homes across the midwest.
– Chocolate Factory : Set in the early 20th century of entrepreneurs and chocolatiers experimenting with new ways to create and market chocolates, players are assigned the task of chief chocolate maker! A euro game of literal factory building and moving (using a pushable conveyer belt component) chocolates you must complete the most amount of chocolates required by retailers for the best value.
– Cooper Island : In the age of exploration the players arrive at a new home far away from their homeland. They try to colonize the big island and each player tries to explore one part of it by placing landscape tiles. Landscape tiles grant resources and those are used to erect buildings with special abilities. Barriers on the island have to be removed in order to explore the island even further. Players build valuable statues and supply ships get them the supplies from the old world they need to be a successful settler on Cooper Island.
– Maracaibo : Set in the Caribbean during the 17th century, the players sail on a round course through the Caribbean. E.g., you have city tiles where you are able to perform various actions or deliver goods to. One special feature is an implemented quest mode over more and various tiles, which tells the player, who chase after it, a little story.
– Marvel Champions : The Card Game : Iron Man and Black Panther team up to stop Rhino from rampaging through the streets of New York. Captain Marvel and Spider-Man battle Ultron as he threatens global annihilation. Do you have what it takes to join the ranks of these legendary heroes and become a champion? Jump into the Marvel Universe with this cooperative Living Card Game for one to four players!
– Terramara : You play as the chief of a clan living in one of these villages. Your goal is to develop your clan, exploring lands farther away to trade with other villages, and reach sacred places. You improve your battle strength and discover new technologies to create useful artefacts.
– Terraforming Mars : Turmoil : The fifth expansion to Terraforming Mars, takes players back to Mars, and the struggle for control and progress of human society on a big and dangerous planet. The expansion includes new corporations, new projects, and a new type of cards — Global Events, from dust storms to riots to rising alloy demand — that give you something to plan for.
And for our RPG section :
– Xanathar’s Guide to Everything : Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you’ll find and valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar’s personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on “heroes” themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.
– D&D Dungeon Master’s Guide : Get everything you need to weave legendary stories for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. This module contains world-building tools, tips and tricks for creating memorable dungeons and adventures, optional game rules *, hundreds of classic D&D magic items, and more. Dungeon Masters purchasing this module can use it to help expand the detail presented to players for other purchased adventures within the Forgotten Realms or to help craft unique experiences.
All the games are or will be soon available in our cupboards.